In Nov. 2019, NASS originally launched #TrustedInfo2020—an education effort to promote election officials as the trusted sources of election information. Due to the initiative's success, NASS will continue the campaign under #TrustedInfo.
By driving voters directly to election officials’ websites and social media pages, we will ensure voters are getting accurate election information and cut down on the misinformation and disinformation that can surround elections. #TrustedInfo aims to highlight state and local election officials as the credible, verified sources for election information.
The nation's Secretaries of State, 40 of whom serve as their state’s chief election official, along with other state and local election officials are continuously working to inform Americans about the elections process, including voter registration, state election laws, voting and much more.
Find your election official by visiting canivote.org, a nonpartisan website created by state election officials.
Follow NASS on Twitter to see real-time #TrustedInfo updates from the association and our members.
For questions about the effort please email email@example.com.
National level supporting partners amplify #TrustedInfo on their social media pages, websites and other communications channels. During the 2020 election cycle, we were proud to have the support of these organizations:
- Alliance for Securing Democracy
- American Association of Political Consultants
- Bipartisan Policy Center
- Brennan Center for Justice
- Campaign Legal Center
- Center for Democracy & Technology
- Center for Election Innovation & Research
- Center for Technology and Civic Life
- Council of State Archivists
- Council of State Governments
- Defending Digital Democracy Project
- Democracy Fund
- Democracy International
- Election Center
- Electronic Registration Information Center
- Federal Voting Assistance Program
- International Association of Government Officials
- Kids Voting USA
- MIT Election Data and Science Lab
- NALEO Educational Fund
- National Association of Attorneys General
- National Association of Counties
- National Association of State Election Directors
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- National Governors Association
- Nonprofit VOTE
- PEN America
- The Carter Center
- The MITRE Corporation
- The National Vote at Home Institute
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- U.S. Vote Foundation
- Verified Voting
- Women in Government
- YMCA Youth in Government