NASS has launched #TrustedInfo2020—an education effort to promote election officials as the trusted sources of election information. By driving voters directly to election officials’ websites and social media pages, we will ensure voters are getting accurate election information and cut down on the misinformation and disinformation that can surround elections. #TrustedInfo2020 aims to highlight state and local election officials as the credible, verified sources for election information.
The nation's Secretaries of State, 40 of whom serve as their state’s chief election official, along with other state and local election officials are continuously working to inform Americans about the elections process, including voter registration, state election laws, voting and much more.
Find your election official by visiting canivote.org, a nonpartisan website created by state election officials.
National level #TrustedInfo2020 supporting partners are asked to support the education effort by amplifying the message on their social media pages, websites and other communications channels. We are proud to have the support of these organizations:
- Alliance for Securing Democracy
- American Association of Political Consultants
- Bipartisan Policy Center
- Brennan Center for Justice
- Campaign Legal Center
- Center for Democracy & Technology
- Center for Election Innovation & Research
- Center for Technology and Civic Life
- Council of State Archivists
- Council of State Government
- Defending Digital Democracy Project
- Democracy Fund
- Democracy International
- Election Center
- Electronic Registration Information Center
- Federal Voting Assistance Program
- International Association of Government Officials
- Kids Voting USA
- MIT Election Data and Science Lab
- NALEO Educational Fund
- National Association of Attorneys General
- National Association of Counties
- National Association of State Election Directors
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- National Governors Association
- Nonprofit VOTE
- PEN America
- The Carter Center
- The MITRE Corporation
- The National Vote at Home Institute
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- U.S. Vote Foundation
- Verified Voting
- Women in Government
- YMCA Youth in Government
Promotional materials and other in-kind donations to support #TrustedInfo2020 messaging were provided by: BallotTrax, Civix, CyberDefenses, Dominion Voting Systems, Election Systems & Software, Hart InterCivic, Notarize and Runbeck Election Services.
Follow NASS on Twitter to see real-time #TrustedInfo2020 updates from the association and our members. The #TrustedInfo2020 effort will run from November 12, 2019 through December 31, 2020.
For questions about the effort please email email@example.com.