• Secretary of State members of the NASS Business Identity Theft Task Force and state business division directors, representing approximately 20 states
• Representatives of leading identity-theft solutions providers, non-profits and business groups
• Representatives of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Secret Service/Electronic Crimes Task Force, Georgia Governor’s Office of Consumer Protection and the Georgia Technology Authority
• Acclaimed author, blogger and financial fraud investigative journalist Bob Sullivan
Also attending will be at least one victim of business identity theft.
Business identity theft is a rapidly growing crime that has been documented in nearly half of all states. In order to ensure the protection of state-held information that offers a potential gateway to this type of crime, NASS has assembled a group of leading experts from the public and private sectors who will be collaborating on solutions for awareness, prevention and detection. A full agenda is available online at www.nass.org.
Panels will take place Monday, October 17, 2011, from 9:00 AM to 4:45 PM. A roundtable session will be held on Tuesday, October 18, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
International Ballroom North, Hyatt Regency Hotel, 265 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
• You will need to bring valid credentials to gain access/admittance to this event.
• If you plan to tape the proceedings, please confirm ahead of time to ensure that all technical and spacing/seating needs can be met.
• Forum participants may be interviewed individually at their discretion.